The Teen Advisory Board presents To Teens From Teens. This is your page. It will include new books at the library, a calendar of events, book charades, games and contests. Check back for updates.
SEPTEMBER EVENT DATES
Saturday September 10th 6-8pm Just Dance
Teen Movie Night!!!
SEPTEMBER 23rd 5-7pm
Come watch a movie with us! If your between 12 and 18 years old, feel free to join our teens while in watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Teen Book Club!
Book Preview: So I’m a Spider, So What? by Okina Baba
I used to be a normal high school girl but in the blink of an eye, I woke up in a place I’ve never seen before and-and I was reborn as a spider?! How could something that’s nothing more than a tiny spider (that’s me) possibly survive in literally the worst dungeon ever? Are there no rules? There should be some rules! Who the hell is responsible for this? SHOW YOUR FACE!
Interested in joining our Teen Advisory Board?
Pick up applications at the library or email the firstname.lastname@example.org
What is T.A.B.?
T.A.B. is designed to allow teens to actively engage in the development of teen library events, programs. publications, and services for all teens of the community. Members have an opportunity to provide leadership and service to there local library. Ages 12-18 or 7-12th grade.
Responsibilities of a T.A.B. member
- Attend all meetings and actively participate.
- Attend as many teen programs as possible and volunteer to help set -up/clean up.
- Be a responsible library user.
- Help to promote teen participation at the library.
Reasons to join Edward Chipman Public Library Teen Advisory Board
- Free food at every meeting!
- Participation counts as volunteer hours and experience for resumes and college applications.
- Become involved in your library and show your community that teens matter.
- Meet new friends.
- Help choose books, music, graphic novels, etc., for the teen department.
- Participate creatively (book reviews, stories, art, etc.) in a teen library online website.
- Plan programs for you and your friends.
- get special perks – such as a T.A.B. library lock-in, and more!
- Because it’s fun!